Priority Solutions Areas: Clean Energy Generation & Storage, Pollution Reduction, Water & Sewage, Recycling and Circular Economy, Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage (CCUS), and other applications that assist the economy to decarbonize and meet net-zero targets.
- The Early-Stage Rising Star Challenge will recognize one (1) ClimateTech startup with an early stage solution [a minimal viable product (MVP), or R&D stage technology with initial pilots] that seamlessly combines innovation and sustainability.
- The Grand Pivot Challenge will recognize one (1) mature startup that is exploring the adaptation of its existing technology to meet new climate-related use cases and applications. The new climate change use case product must be in early stages of development (ideation, MVP or proof of concept), while the existing non-climate solutions already developed may be at more advanced stages. There should be a strategic commitment by the startup to conduct the pivot, which includes the existence of at least one product manager (or equivalent) who is the owner of the pivot process.
The two winners of our challenge will each be awarded a cash prize of 20,000 USD granted by the Climate Solutions Prize
Application Process & Timeline
- Applications open: March 1st - May 25th, 2022
- Applications reviewed: June - October 2022
- Pitch event for shortlisted applications: July 2022
- Winners announced: October 25th-27th, 2022
For more details please read the full Call for Solutions.
(PDF for download below)