BE PART OF THE SOLUTIONCLIMATE SOLUTIONS PRIZE
Climate Solutions Prize
“JNF Canada”, “us”, “we”, and “our” refer to the Jewish National Fund of Canada Inc.
“Personal Information” is information you provide to us or information we collect from you through the Site that identifies or could be used to identify you, and is recorded in any form. We collect some or all of the following types of Personal Information from you through your use of the Site: your name, age, date of birth, contact details (such as address, phone number, email address, password, identification number on government-issued ID), personal identification number (teudat zehut), , financial information (such as bank account number), device details (such as IP address, web browser user-agent information), demographic details (such as gender or age), your and your family members’ employment information, and information about your interests and affiliations. The following information is not considered Personal Information: public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed, professional and business directories available to the public, public registries and court records, and other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
What This Policy Covers
Why We Collect and Use Your Information
JNF Canada identifies the purpose for which your Personal Information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below we will identify the purpose before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your Personal Information for the purpose of:
- communicating with you generally;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements;
- certifying and verifying Registration Information and Submissions;
- verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any submission and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of the Climate Solution Prize;
- verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Climate Solution Prize; and
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you.
Otherwise, JNF Canada will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information.
What Information We Collect
As a result of your interaction with our Site, providing Registration Information and Submissions, or otherwise interacting with the JNF Canada in respect of the Climate Solution Prize, JNF Canada may collect certain Personal Information, as described above.
We may also collect non-Personal Information, such as:
- the web page that referred you to our Site;
- which of the pages on our Site you request and visit;
- the date and time of each request you make to our Site;
- comments and suggestions from you;
- correspondence between you and JNF Canada; and
- any other information you provide to us.
Collection of Your Information
JNF Canada collects only the information required for the purposes of administering the Climate Solutions Prize and other JNF Canada activities. JNF Canada will collect Personal Information only by clear, fair and lawful means. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way.
- Help JNF Canada function and deliver new and relevant content to you;
- Provide you with a personalized experience by storing your preferences so that they can be used the next time you visit the Site;
- Analyze the performance of registration and submission processes so that we can better understand how they work and improve them; and
- Analyze interactions with emails so we can refine and improve our processes.
Limitation of Disclosure and Retention of Information
JNF Canada does not disclose Personal Information to any organization or person for any reason except the following:
- we work closely with other organizations, including Karen Kayemeth Le’Israel-Jewish National Fund, to administer the Climate Solution Prize. We may share your Personal Information with such organizations to administer the Climate Solution Prize; and
- we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, and administering the Climate Solution Prize and the Climate Solutions Prize website. They have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to use it for other purposes. We may use service providers located outside of Israel, and, if applicable, your Personal Information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your Personal Information for those purposes. If your Personal Information is shared with third parties, those third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with JNF Canada to secure and protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
JNF Canada retains your Personal Information only as long as it is required to administer the Climate Solution Prize or as required by applicable laws.
Do Not Track
JNF Canada is committed to protecting the information we collect from you. We do not share this information with third parties, except in the specific circumstances described in the “Sharing Personal Information” section of this policy. We do not change our behavior in response to a web browser’s Do Not Track signal; instead, we provide the same level of protection to information we collect from you by default. For more information about DNT, please visit Do Not Track Us and the World Wide Web Consortium’s Do Not Track Specification.
Accessing Your Information
If you would like to request access, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete the Personal Information we have about you, object to our processing of such Personal Information, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another organization (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request, there are certain situations where we may not grant your request (such as when we cannot adequately verify your identity, when we are legally required to retain information, or when we are not technologically able to change or delete information). Therefore, the granting of such requests remains at the discretion of JNF Canada.
Sharing Personal Information
In limited circumstances, we may share Personal Information in situations and under the conditions described below. We will never sell, trade, or rent your nonpublic Personal Information.
With your permission. With your consent, we may share your Personal Information for a particular purpose.
In anonymized form. We may publish or share anonymized Personal Information.
Other service providers. We use third-party service providers or contractors who assist with the organization and facilitation the Climate Solution Prize, or those who help run our websites or improve your experience with them. We may give access to your personal or non-Personal Information to these providers or contractors as needed to perform their services for us or to use their tools and services. While we cannot ensure the privacy or security of services provided by third-party providers, we do our best to use contractual agreements and other mechanisms to help ensure that these service providers or contractors treat your information consistent with, and in a manner no less protective than, the principles of this policy.
For legal reasons. On certain rare occasions, we may access, preserve, or disclose your Personal Information if we reasonably believe it is necessary to satisfy a valid and legally enforceable warrant, subpoena, court order, law or regulation, or other judicial or administrative order.
How We Protect Personal Information
JNF Canada is responsible for all Personal Information under its control, including any Personal Information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. To ensure a high level of security and confidentiality, JNF Canada employs a variety of physical, administrative, and technical measures, policies, and procedures to help protect your personal and financial information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. We take steps to safeguard Personal Information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets;
- electronic security measures for computerized information such as password protection, password database storage encryption, uploaded file encryption, SSL Connections and server-side personal identification numbers;
- organizational processes such as limiting access to Personal Information to a selected group of individuals; and
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to Personal Information requiring them to protect and secure your Personal Information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using any shared computer.
However, you should be aware that no storage system or data transmission is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that our security protocols will not be compromised.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Except with respect to as discussed above, it JNF Canada’s policy not to disclose any Personal Information we collect to third parties for direct marketing purposes under any circumstances. However, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires that all California residents be afforded the option to exercise your choice of whether your Personal Information may be shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or not, as well as to receive information specified in the statute if your Personal Information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, if you are a California resident and you wish to inform JNF Canada whether you permit or refuse the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, or if you wish to request certain information if your Personal Information were to be disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.