The Climate Tech solutions that we are looking for:
Through our work collecting plasma from our donors, the centers generate a large volume of single-use plastic waste, both medical waste and non-hazardous waste. Through this challenge, Takeda is looking for solutions that provide the highest and best-use of this waste including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Novel recycling technologies to process plastic types not included in curb side commercial recycling programs in the United States and/or EU. Example: a company that accepts post-consumer plastics to repurpose into new, useful items
- New materials for medical processes with lower environmental impacts from their generation and disposal than single-use plastics. Example: A non-plastic packaging option for sterile medical devices or packaging made of a curbside recyclable plastic in the US
- On-site remediation technologies for medical waste enabling recycling within the US and/or EU. Example: 15 technology that could steam sterilize & shred medical waste to allow for more recycling options
- Packaging solutions that reduce waste generated during transportation. Example: A company focused on minimizing waste within packaging, light-weight materials
- Aggregation and logistics solutions to help with the distribution of waste across the United States. Example: A platform aggregating options of recyclers and companies with post-consumer waste
Apply now to this challenge and automatically qualify for all our 2023 Challenges. One application, multiple opportunities. Applications close August 8th.
(*) An Engagement Package consists of constructive feedback and the possibility to explore a pilot or commercial collaboration.
For more details, please read the full Call for Solutions.