E.ON’s Energy Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) business is best positioned to become the change agent for the sustainable energy transition. As a long-term energy partner for cities, municipalities, real estate and industrial customers, EIS offers technical infrastructure solutions that improve their customers’ carbon footprint.
Core offerings include:
- Decentral generation plants for large industrial customers and manufacturing businesses;
- District heating and cooling networks; integrated energy solutions for city districts and industrial/commercial customers;
- Energy efficiency products and services; and
- Circular economy solutions.
In total, EIS has over 1.5 million customers, 5,000 employees and more than 4,500 plants producing 19 terawatt hours of heating, cooling and steam and 12 terawatt hours of electricity.
The Climate Tech solutions that we are looking for:
We are looking for new and innovative solutions to help us to further drive the decarbonization journey for our customers. Potential applications include:
- Electrification of, and energy management solutions for, industries such as manufacturing, food & beverage, cement, e.g., by generating green low-pressure steam, swapping combustion-based technology for electricity-based technologies, introducing alternative fuels, long duration energy storage, and utilizing waste heat recovery.
- Decarbonization solutions for city quarters (both retrofit and new builds), e.g., by improving insulation, adding digital solutions to manage power, heating, and cooling more efficiently, enhance (opaque) envelope of buildings.
- Operations & maintenance improvements, e.g., efficiency enhancements, waste management, energy balancing, microgrid management.
- Digital solutions that enable decarbonization/energy efficiency, e.g., energy inefficiency detection, energy system optimization, and integration of intermittent energy assets.
Together with the selected winners of the Climate Solutions Prize, we are looking forward to potentially piloting solutions on our own asset base as well as at our customer sites.
Apply now to this challenge and automatically qualify for all our 2023 Challenges. One application, multiple opportunities. Applications close July 31st.
(*) An Engagement Package consists of constructive feedback and the possibility to explore a pilot or commercial collaboration.
For more details, please read the full Call for Solutions.